The Samsung Galaxy Proclaim packs features that fulfills needs of a normal Android user with 1GHz of processor and Android 2.3 Gingerbread out of the box. Besides the software side, the phone sports a 3.5″ inch screen with 320×480 pixels resolution promising you’d never get the screen pixeled. Good news for the owners of the phone is, a root method’s out now using which you’ll be able to root the device and get access to system files on the device. In the following guide, we’re gonna show you how to root the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim.
I. Before You Begin:
1. This should void the warranty of your device (until you unroot it).
2. You must have drivers for your device installed on your PC. You can get them from here.
II. Downloading Required Files:
1. Stock Kernel (Download link’s available in the first post)
2. Pre-rooted Kernel (Download link’s given in the first post)
3. Odin (Download link’s given in the first post)
III. Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim:
1. Place all the files you’ve downloaded to your Desktop.
2. Extract files from the Odin archive to your Desktop.
3. Double-click on Odin executable file and it should launch.
4. In the Odin, click on PDA and navigate to your Desktop and select Pre-rooted Kernel file.
5. Turn OFF the device.
6. Reboot the device into Download mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume DOWN+Power buttons together.
7. Once the device has booted into Download mode, connect it to your PC using the USB cable.
8. Odin should recognize the device you just attached and when so happens, hit the Start button.
9. Sit back and wait for the process to finish.
10. Once done, the device should reboot.
11. Now, head over to Google Play and download the Superuser app.
Great! The device is now rooted but due to a bug in the kernel that you just flashed, you won’t get any cellular signals on the device and that is completely unacceptable. To rectify the issue, just flash the stock kernel using Odin and don’t worry, the root access will be preserved, however.
IV. Flashing Stock Kernel:
1. Follow steps as in Section III until Step-3.
2. In the fourth step, instead of choosing pre-rooted kernel, choose Stock Kernel.
3. Continue with rest of the steps until Step-10.
4. You’re all done!
Brilliant! You now have working cellular signals with root access on the device. You’re just a click away from installing root-only apps on the device, you would really like to have them on your device, wouldn’t you?
If this procedure helped you please thank/donate to the original developers here.
If you need help with this procedure, please ask in the comments below or in the forum.
This is part of our Android How To’s. We have how to’s on rooting, loading ROMs, and tons of other tips and tricks for your specific device or for Android devices in general! For all of our Android How To’s, head here.
Read More: How to Root the Samsung Galaxy Proclaim